Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pregnancy update

Right when I start to enjoy this pregnancy, my body quits on me. I have been having terrible pain in my left side. It starts in my lower back and moves into my left hip and shoots sharp pain down my left leg. I sometimes collapse the pain is bad I can't hold myself up. I have been to a physical therapist and really what can they do... move baby? This is just a little reminder of how grateful I am for modern medication. For painkillers and a soft bed at night. Also cartoons to entertain my little ones while I try and stay still. LOL like that is really possible right? 
But these days I do feel like a lot of these modern comforts are overlooked and taken advantage of. Our mothers - mothers did the laundry by hand! Cooked three meals a day and had a ton of kids running at her feet without means to keep them busy for two seconds so she could breath. Chores were endless and yet she always looked nice and something was always cooking in the oven. She walked to the grocery store and heaven knows what else. 
So I should not complain. I love my washer and dryer, takeout, TV, and yes .... ear plugs!

1 comment: